- For other uses of Justice League, see Justice League (Disambiguation).
Zack Snyder's Justice League, also known as Justice League: Director's Cut and commonly known as the Snyder Cut, is a 2021 director's cut of the 2017 film, "Justice League", which was based on the DC Comics team, Justice League, and the fifth film in the DC Extended Universe. The alternate cut premiered on March 18, 2021, on HBO Max in the United States.
The film stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Ray Fisher, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Willem Dafoe, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen and J. K. Simmons, and is directed by Zack Snyder with screenplay by Chris Terrio and story by Terrio, Snyder and Will Beall.
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists newfound ally Diana Prince to face an even greater threat. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to recruit a team to stand against this newly awakened enemy. Despite the formation of an unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash—it may be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
Main Characters[edit source]
- Justice League
Other Characters[edit source]
- Iris West (first appearance)
- Atlan (first appearance) (flashback)
- Yalan Gur (first appearance) (flashback)
- Green Lantern (first appearance) (flashback)
- Lois Lane
- Silas Stone
Teams and Organizations[edit source]
- New Gods (first appearance)
- Old Gods (first appearance) (flashback)
- Green Martians
- Unlike its theatrical cut, the director's cut will is in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 1.85:1 aspect ratio.
- A black and white cut of the film was also released on HBO Max entitled, "Zack Snyder's Justice League: Justice Is Gray".