- For other uses of Justice League, see Justice League (Disambiguation).
|“||I don't care how many demons he's fought in how many hells. He's never fought us. Not us united.||”|
Zack Snyder's Justice League, also known as Justice League: Director's Cut and commonly known as the Snyder Cut, is a 2021 director's cut of the 2017 film, "Justice League", which was based on the DC Comics team, Justice League, and the fifth film in the DC Extended Universe. The alternate cut premiered on March 18, 2021, on HBO Max in the United States.
The film stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Ray Fisher, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Willem Dafoe, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen and J. K. Simmons, and is directed by Zack Snyder with screenplay by Chris Terrio and story by Terrio, Snyder and Will Beall.
Determined to ensure Superman's ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne aligns forces with Diana Prince with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions. The task proves more difficult than Bruce imagined, as each of the recruits must face the demons of their own pasts to transcend that which has held them back, allowing them to come together, finally forming an unprecedented league of heroes. Now united, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash may be too late to save the planet from Steppenwolf, DeSaad and Darkseid and their dreadful intentions.
- Justice League
Other Characters[edit source]
- Iris West (first appearance)
- Atlan (first appearance) (flashback)
- Yalan Gur (first appearance) (flashback)
- Green Lantern (first appearance) (flashback)
- Lois Lane
- Silas Stone
Teams and Organizations[edit source]
- New Gods (first appearance)
- Olympians (first appearance) (flashback)
- Green Martians
Objects and Concepts[edit source]
- Unlike its theatrical cut, the director's cut will is in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 1.85:1 aspect ratio.
- A black and white cut of the film was also released on HBO Max entitled, "Zack Snyder's Justice League: Justice Is Gray".