- For the upcoming episode, see "I Believe in a Thing Called Love".
The series is developed by Ali Adler, Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, who all served as showrunners. The first season premiered on October 26, 2015 on CBS with Berlanti serving as showrunner. Berlanti later stepped down in the second season, which premiered on October 10, 2016 and moved to The CW as CBS did not renew the series. The second season also marks the departure of Adler as showrunner. The third season premiered on October 9, 2017 and featured Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner as showrunners. With two new showrunners, Kreisberg departed in the fourth season, which premiered on October 14, 2018. The fifth season premiered on October 6, 2019. On March 30, 2021, the sixth and final season premiered and the series concluded on November 9, 2021.
Supergirl was originally set on Earth-38, separated to other Arrowverse series at the time and connected through the Multiverse. The eighteenth episode of the first season "Worlds Finest" served as a crossover with The Flash, which featured footage from the series episodes prior. Supergirl later joined annual crossovers in the Arrowverse and was relocated to Earth-Prime alongside other series. Superman & Lois, which premiered concurrent to the series final season, also served as the first spin-off of Supergirl.
Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Thirteen-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents' help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 25, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant, who just hired the Daily Planet's former photographer, James Olsen, as her new art director. However, Kara's days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw, head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats.
Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime.
Main Cast[edit source]
- Melissa Benoist as Supergirl/Kara Danvers (Kara Zor-El) (season 1-5)
- Mehcad Brooks as Guardian (James Olsen) (season 1-5)
- Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers (season 1-5)
- Jeremy Jordan as Winn Schott (season 1-3)
- David Harewood as Martian Manhunter/Hank Henshaw/John Jones (J'onn J'onzz) (season 1-5)
- Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant (season 1; guest season 2-4)
- Floriana Lima as Maggie Sawyer (season 2; recurring season 3)
- Chris Wood as Mon-El (season 2-3)
- Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor (season 3-5; recurring season 2)
- Odette Annable as Reign (Samantha Arias) (season 3)
- Jesse Rath as Brainiac 5/Barney Fife (Querl Dox) (season 4-5; recurring season 3)
- Sam Witwer as Agent Liberty (Ben Lockwood) (season 4)
- Nicole Maines as Dreamer (Nia Nal) (season 4-5)
- April Parker Jones as Lauren Haley (season 4)
- Azie Tesfai as Kelly Olsen (season 5; recurring season 4)
- Andrea Brooks as Hope (Eve Teschmacher) (season 5; recurring season 2-4)
- Julie Gonzalo as Acrata (Andrea Rojas) (season 5)
- Staz Nair as William Dey (season 5)
- LaMonica Garrett as The Monitor (Mar Novu) (season 5; guest season 4)
Logos and Title Cards[edit source]
- Season 1 (Supergirl) 002.png
- Season 2 (Supergirl) 002.png
- Season 3 (Supergirl) 002.png
Variant title card for "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 1"
- Elseworld, Part 3 002.png
Variant title card for "Elseworlds, Part 3"
- Elseworlds 003.png
Variant end title card for "Elseworlds, Part 3"
Variant title card for "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One"
Logo for DC FanDome
- Mehcad Brooks is credited as a series regular through 5x04 "In Plain Sight".
- Calista Flockhart is uncredited for her guest appearances in 4x03 "Man of Steel".
- LaMonica Garett is only credited for his respective episode appearances.
- Peta Sergeant is credited as a series regular from 6x03 "Phantom Menaces" onwards.