Legends of the Superheroes is a TV show set on Earth-66. It began on January 18, 1979 and concluded on January 25, 1979, after two specials.
A teamup of some of DC Comics' greatest superheroes together, for 2 specials: a race to stop the united supervillains' plot to destroy the earth, then later a roast in tribute to all of the heroes hosted by Ed McMahon.
Main Cast[edit source]
- Adam West as Batman
- Burt Ward as Robin
- Danuta Rylko Soderman as Black Canary
- Rod Haase as The Flash
- Barbara Joyce as The Huntress
- Bill Nuckols as Hawkman
- Howard Murphy as The Green Lantern
- Garrett Craig as Captain Marvel
- In his autobiography, Adam West explicitly regretted this project; specifically the extremely cheap production. Of note are that the episodes were recorded on videotape rather than film, the heroes' and villains' respective headquarters are clearly the same set, exterior shots all take place in the same park, even by the standards of the day, the special effects are crude, and most of the hero and villain costumes are of low quality.
- Legends of the Superheroes poster.jpg