- For other uses of Arrow, see Green Arrow (Disambiguation).
|“||My name is Oliver Queen. After 5 years in hell, I returned home with only one goal: to save my city. For 8 years, I've fought alongside brave men and women striving for justice, but then a crisis came, and I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I made the ultimate sacrifice, which helped birth an entirely new universe. Now my friends and family will have to go on without me, and although I have become a spectre, there is a part of me that will always be the Green Arrow.||”|
— Oliver Queen[src]
The series is developed by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim. The first season premiered on October 10, 2012, with Kreisberg and Guggenheim serving as showrunners. The second and third season premiered on October 9, 2013, and October 8, 2014, respectively. The fourth season marks the departure of Kreisberg as showrunner with Wendy Mericle replacing him. The season premiered on October 7, 2015, while the fifth season premiered on October 5, 2016. The sixth season premiered on October 12, 2017, with Mericle and Guggenheim both departing as showrunner. However, Guggenheim stayed as a consulting producer for the seventh season, which premiered on October 15, 2018, with Beth Schwartz replacing Guggenheim. The eighth and final season premiered on October 15, 2019, and concluded on January 28, 2020, Guggenheim also briefly returned as showrunner when Schwartz went on maternity leave.
During the series' run, it created multiple spin-offs such as The Flash and DC's Legends of Tomorrow. The connected universe was later known as the Arrowverse and retroactively connected to previous DC Comics-based television series during the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event.
After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for 5 years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the North China Sea. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother, Moira, much-beloved sister, Thea, and best friend, Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he has become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his ex-girlfriend, Laurel Lance.
As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of the Arrow, a vigilante archer, to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be, flanked by his devoted chauffeur and bodyguard, John Diggle, while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under the cover of darkness. However, Laurel's father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest Arrow for operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver's own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.
Main Cast[edit source]
- Stephen Amell as The Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow/Spectre (Oliver Queen) (season 1-8)
- Katie Cassidy * as Black Canary (Laurel Lance) (season 1-4, 6-7) / Black Siren/Black Canary (Laurel Lance) (season 6-8; recurring season 5) *
- Colin Donnell as Tommy Merlyn (season 1; guest season 2-3, 6-8)
- David Ramsey as Spartan (John Diggle) (season 1-8)
- Willa Holland as Speedy (Thea Queen) (season 1-6; guest season 7-8) *
- Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen (season 1-2; guest season 3, 5 & 8) *
- Paul Blackthorne as Detective (Quentin Lance) (season 1-6: guest season 7-8)
- Emily Bett Rickards as Overwatch (Felicity Smoak) (season 2-7; recurring season 1; guest season 8) *
- Colton Haynes as Arsenal (Roy Harper) (season 2-3, 7; guest season 4 & 6; recurring season 1 & 8)
- Manu Bennett as Deathstroke (Slade Wilson) (season 2; recurring season 1; guest season 3, 5-6 & 8) *
- John Barrowman as Dark Archer/Ra's al Ghul (Malcolm Merlyn) (season 3-4; recurring season 1-2, 5; guest 7-8)
- Echo Kellum as Mister Terrific (Curtis Holt) (season 5-7; recurring season 4; guest season 7-8) *
- Josh Segarra as Prometheus (Adrian Chase) (season 5; guest season 6-8) *
- Rick Gonzalez as Wild Dog (Rene Ramirez) (season 6-8; recurring season 5)
- Juliana Harkavy as Black Canary (Dinah Drake) (season 6-8; recurring season 5)
- Kirk Acevedo as Dragon (Ricardo Diaz) (season 7; recurring season 6) *
- Sea Shimooka as Green Arrow (Emiko Adachi) (season 7; guest season 8) *
- Katherine McNamara as Blackstar (Mia Smoak) (season 8; recurring season 7)
- Ben Lewis as William Harris (William Clayton) (season 8; recurring season 7)
- Joseph David-Jones as Connor Hawke ( season 8; recurring season 7)
- LaMonica Garrett as The Monitor (Mar Novu) (season 8; guest season 7) / Anti-Monitor (Mobius) (season 8) *
- Despite being listed among the main cast in season 8, Cassidy is credited as a special appearance.
- Willa Holland is credited as a series regular through 6x16 "The Thanatos Guild".
- Susanna Thompson is not credited for her character's voice role in "Canaries".
- Manu Bennett is not credited for his appearance through unused footage in "Fadeout".
- Echo Kellum is credited as a series regular through 7x13 "Star City Slayer" and later as a special guest star.
- Josh Segarra is credited as a series regular from 5x03 "A Matter of Trust" onwards.
- Kirk Acevedo is credited as a series regular through 7x14 "Brothers & Sisters".
- LaMonica Garrett is only credited for his respective episode appearances. However, Garrett is not credited for his appearance through archive footage in "Fadeout"
Logos and Title Cards[edit source]
Title Card for "Fadeout"
Batman: Classic TV Series • The Green Hornet • Wonder Woman • The Flash • Smallville • Birds of Prey • Constantine • Powerless • Gotham • Krypton • Swamp Thing • Arrow • Black Lightning • Lucifer • Supergirl • DC's Legends of Tomorrow • Batwoman • Naomi